Processes essential to Quality RPL Services
A quality RPL process has many elements designed to ensure that a candidate’s learning and skills are acknowledged, valued, assessed, and recognized.
Quality RPL services require processes for:
- step-by-step advice and guidance:
- that clearly sets out the process from start to finish and advising on services provided by trained personnel,
- on requirements for forms and documentation to be submitted,
- on the evidence a candidate must provide for RPL assessment,
- the requirements and assessment criteria for each module in the knowledge, practical skills and work experience components of the related qualification,
- the evaluation of self-assessments and portfolios of evidence,
- the identification of “gaps” and “gap training”,
- conducting RPL assessments,
- the provision of results,
- appeals procedures.
A quality RPL provisioning process should therefore include steps to ensure that all of the above mentioned aspects of the process are catered for. In addition, the Guiding Principles should be considered during each step that is taken.
A quality RPL process, in essence, always involves the five steps outlined alongside.
Originally posted 2021-02-05 11:23:34. Republished by Blog Post Promoter